News & Insights

Who needs CRS reporting?

Fri, 22 Jan, 2021

Any financial institution, resident in a Common Reporting Standard (CRS) participating jurisdiction will be required to carry out the due diligence processes for identifying reportable accounts held by a reportable jurisdiction person* and to report certain financial information to its local tax authority. 

Financial institutions will generally be required to ask the person opening the account to certify their residence using a CRS Self Certification form in addition to their standard due diligence procedure. 

*please check your entity’s jurisdictional specific list of reportable jurisdictions as published by your tax authority. 


You might also like…

View All